Deadline: 05 June 2017 at 17:00
Employment: 1 July - 30 Nov 2017
Traineeship Fee/Hours: £512 per month, 16 hours per week (with flexibility and increased availability during the festival)
Africa in Motion (AiM) is an annual African film festival based in Scotland. We have an exciting Traineeship opportunity aimed at candidates between the ages of 18-24 of Black, Asian, Minority, Ethnic background to become part of our team. During this role you will help to programme and facilitate AiM's 2017 festival (27 October - 5 November). We will provide in-house training in programming African cinema for Scottish audiences, providing you with the opportunity to develop skills in curation, event coordination, festival programming and marketing.
This Traineeship is funded by Young Start.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Researching African films and negotiating licensing terms
- Planning and implementing screenings
- Developing and implementing an engagement strategy that specifically targets BAME community groups
- Identify and contact venues frequented by BAME community groups
- Working to develop partnerships with relevant organisations
- Working on the marketing campaign for AiM 2017, including niche-marketing, social media and print
Applicants must be between the ages of 18-24 years old and from a Black, Asian, or other Minority Ethnic background
The ideal candidate will be based in Glasgow or Edinburgh
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of coordinating a wide range of activities and the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent computer literacy particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to work under pressure and work flexibility and co-operatively as part of a team
- Availability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as needed
- A demonstrable interest in Africa
For more information: http://www.africa-in-motion.org.uk/about-us/opportunities?stage=Stage
Send your CV and a one page cover letter, explaining why you are an ideal candidate to Festival Producer Justine Atkinson: email@example.com by the deadline of 5pm, 5/6/2017. Please include the names and contact details of two referees who could be contacted in advance of an interview. Interviews will be held in Glasgow on 13/6/2017.
Location: Glasgow City
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Justine Atkinson, or visit http://www.africa-in-motion.org.uk/about-us/opportunities?stage=Stage
The deadline is Monday 05 June 2017 at 17:00.
Equalities / Film / Festivals / Young People (aged 0 to 25)