Deadline: 01 May 2017 at 17:00
Jupiter Artland Foundation (Registered Charity Number: SC037732) is a registered charity and every penny raised goes back into the foundation to assist with achieving the mission of the owners to enable every school child in Scotland to experience art and nature by visiting the Artland through our Learning department.
During our open season, from the 6 May to 1 October we are seeking volunteers to work with our Front of House team to assist with our summer exhibitions, our permanent outdoor collection and act as a friendly and informative point of contact for the visiting public. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain early experience in the day to day running of a unique arts organisation and will allow you to have a lot of fun, spend time outdoors, gain experience and confidence and meet others with a shared interest.
We are looking for Volunteers to commit to 5 days (or equivalent) throughout the season. The hours we ask our volunteers to work are between 10am-5pm but this is entirely flexible with prior notice and agreement.
Your role will include the following:
• Welcoming the visitors, making contact with them to greet them. Answering questions about our permanent collection & gallery exhibitions. Responding to any general enquires.
• Invigilating gallery exhibitions and outdoor Artland areas ensuring visitors are aware of the Jupiter Artland dos and don'ts
• Promoting and helping users with our interactive app to guide them around the Artland
• Promoting and applying Jupiter Artland's policies on health and safety, security, equality & diversity, etc.
• Informing Senior Management in the event of damage to any artwork or if any health and safety or security issues arise
• There may be opportunities to assist with setting up special events such as opening parties and artist talks.
What we give to you
• Free lunch
• Uniform (t-shirt)
• Travel expenses
• 10% discount to Jupiter shop
• References, advice and networking opportunities
• Invites to private views, events and openings
• Practical experience within a gallery setting
• Allow you to become more confident in communicating ideas about art.
What we need from you:
• Excellent communication and customer service skills, ability to respond to general enquiries
• Interest in and/or knowledge of contemporary arts
• High levels of presentation and professionalism
• Attention to detail
• Awareness of Health & Safety issues
Location: Edinburgh City
For further information, please contact email@example.com (firstname.lastname@example.org), or call 01506889900, or visit https://www.jupiterartland.org/about/voluntary-exhibitions-assistant
The deadline is Monday 01 May 2017 at 17:00.