Toonspeak Partnership Development Day
Deadline: 05 May 2017 at 12:00
Since 1987 Toonspeak have engaged Glasgow’s young people in creative projects using theatre and other art-forms to boost confidence and aspirations.
Now entering our 30th year, the charity is in a period of self-reflection and evolution. With support from Creative Scotland, we will spend a day using the toolkit designed by ArtWorks Scotland: “Is This The Best It Can Be?”
After sharing an overview of our current and recent work, we will ask this question in relation to every aspect of our organisation, with a particular focus on how we engage with partners, and with the aim of sewing the seeds of future collaborative work. We are therefore inviting past, present and potential partners to provide their ideas and insight.
As well as providing an opportunity to feed into the future development of Toonspeak, the day will also encourage attendees to explore ways in which they could form new partnerships with each other. We aim for this day to act as a catalyst for future projects and collaborations based on a set of shared aims and ideals established on the day.
This day should be of interest to:
• Organisations who worked in partnership with Toonspeak at any time over the past 29 years
• Organisations who work with and support young people, interested in providing creative opportunities for your participants
• Senior staff at Schools interested in seeing whether Toonspeak could help deliver creative solutions to meeting the Attainment Challenge
• Theatre Artists and Facilitators interested in finding out more about Toonspeak’s work
• Creative organisations interested in exploring potential new collaborations, or sharing best practice surrounding youth empowerment and work in areas of multiple deprivation.
Event: 11:00am – 4:30pm (followed by optional drinks)
Venue: Tron Theatre
To book: https://toonspeakpartnerdevelop.eventbrite.co.uk
This is a free event
Limited capacity (booking essential. 1 representative per organisation)
Includes a nice lunch
Location: Glasgow City
The deadline is Friday 05 May 2017 at 12:00.
Audience Development / Equalities / Theatre / Young People (aged 0 to 25) / Cultural Policy / Participatory Practice