Live sound for musicians
Deadline: 24 June 2017 at 09:30
Introduction to live sound
Sat 24th June 10am - 12.30pm at The Sonic Lodge, Edinburgh
Aimed at musicians and people who want to use a pa system but don't know where to start. In this workshop you will learn:
• About the different types of equipment that make up a pa system
including different kinds of microphones, cables, speakers etc,
• How to plug things in
• How to set levels correctly on a basic mixing desk
• What to do and what not to do when doing live sound
Basic sound engineering for musicians
Sat 24th June 2pm - 4.30pm at The Sonic Lodge, Edinburgh
In this workshop we look at mixing techniques, you will learn:
• What all the knobs do on a mixing desk
• How to use an EQ to improve sound and avoid feedback
• Learn about different makes of microphones and placement for specific
• How to create a balanced mix
• Using foldback monitors so musicians and singers can hear better
These workshops are led by Dr. Mark Neal who co-runs the Sonic Lodge. He has a PhD in Musical Acoustics and huge experience in live sound from both from behind the sound desk and as a performer. There will be plenty of time throughout the workshops for you to ask any questions.
Book for one course for £15 or go to both for £25. To book email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you information about payment.
Please note that if there is a high demand for these workshops we will move to a bigger venue - details will be confirmed by email nearer the time.
Find out more about The Sonic Lodge here: http://www.soniclodge.co.uk
These workshops are run in conjunction with Soundpost Arts
Location: Edinburgh City
The deadline is Saturday 24 June 2017 at 09:30.