High Life Highland Archive Service
Deadline: 05 May 2017 at 23:59
Project Conservator ref HLH/1703/11
Highland Archive Centre, Bught Road, Inverness
Salary: £22,295 - £25,116 35 hours per week, (12 months)
High Life Highland is seeking an experienced Conservator to undertake practical preservation and conservation work on materials including paper & parchment documents, books & maps.
This is an opportunity for a Project Conservator to be employed on a full-time basis in the Highland Archive Services Conservation Studio in Inverness. The post holder will support the Senior Conservator on a variety of current and upcoming grant awarded projects. The ability to prioritise tasks, meet tight deadlines and to work on own initiative is essential.
If the current work flow continues, the contract may be extended.
• To support the Senior Conservator in the operation of the Conservation Studio external contract deadlines.
• To undertake and maintain professional conservation and preservation work to national and international standards.
• To support the external conservation services offered by High Life Highland.
In order to be able to carry out the duties of this post effectively and safely, candidates will be able to provide evidence of the following:-
• You will have an excellent knowledge of the appropriate conservation methods, preservation and collections care for a wide range of physical media including paper, parchment, maps, bindings, seals and photographs.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• You will have a recognised qualification in paper conservation covering the conservation of books and documents (for example: Archives & Records Association Certificate in Archive Conservation, BA or Diploma in Archive Conservation, PACR via ARA (UK & Ireland) or ICON) or equivalent.
• You will be accredited or working towards accreditation.
• The ability to understand and implement technical solutions.
• The ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and to work on own initiative.
For more details about the post please contact Richard Aitken, Senior Conservator on 01463 256438 or email@example.com
To apply, please follow this link http://highlifehighland.com/recruitment Use the job description & person specification to apply using Application Form A
Closing date: 5th May
Interview date: 6th June
The deadline is Friday 05 May 2017 at 23:59.
Crafts / Design / Education / Traditional Arts / Literature and Publishing / Cultural Policy