Front of House (Usher)
The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo
Deadline: 28 May 2017 at 23:55
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Carry out pre-event safety checks in designated area, ensuring that all safety equipment is in place and there are no hazards.
• Understand responsibilities towards the health & safety of all categories of audience (including those with special needs and children), other staff and themselves.
• Be familiar with the layout of the site and able to assist the audience by giving information about the available facilities including first aid, toilets, water, welfare and facilities for people with special needs.
• Oversee entrances, exits and other strategic points: e.g. doors or gates which are not continuously secured in the open position while the event is in progress.
• Control or direct the audience who are entering or leaving the event, to help achieve an even flow of people into and from various parts of the venue.
• Recognise crowd conditions to ensure the safe dispersal of audience and the prevention of overcrowding.
• Assist in the safe operation of the event by keeping gangways and exits clear at all times and preventing standing on seats and furniture.
• Investigate any disturbances or incidents, reporting to supervisors any issues.
• Ensure combustible refuse does not accumulate.
• Respond to emergencies (such as early stages of a fire), raising the alarm and taking the necessary immediate action.
• Be familiar with arrangements for evacuating the audience, including coded messages and undertaking specific duties in an emergency.
• Communicate with Event Control in the event of an emergency.
• Be polite, welcoming and friendly and ready to offer assistance to the audience at all times.
• Present a positive impression of the company and uphold our values in all activity.
The full job description and application form can be found on our website.
Location: Edinburgh City
For further information, please contact email@example.com or visit https://www.edintattoo.co.uk/beyond-the-ramparts/2017-recruitment
The deadline is Sunday 28 May 2017 at 23:55.
Festivals / Music / Traditional Arts / Cultural Tourism