Creative Learning and Engagement Officer
Peter Pan Moat Brae Trust
Deadline: 04 May 2017 at 12:00
The post holder will be responsible for developing, implementing, evaluating and coordinating delivery of a range of creative educational initiatives as part of the Trust’s plans for a programme of learning and community engagement at the proposed Centre for Children’s Literature and Storytelling, Dumfries. The programme will be based on the Trust’s Activity and Learning Plan agreed with Creative Scotland as part of its Stage Two Capital Grant.
The programme will be undertaken in association with a range of community partners and stakeholders including local schools, higher and tertiary education establishments, local youth projects, health projects, other local charities and cultural organisations, local residents and volunteers.
The main duties are:
• With the project director, to review the current Activity Action Plan and develop a creative learning and activity strategy based on this;
• To plan, develop and manage a schedule of learning and engagement activities, including formal and informal learning and outreach activity;
• To work with schools, educational and community organisations and other cultural and learning bodies to develop and deliver these initiatives and activities, in line with the Curriculum for Excellence as appropriate;
• To work collaboratively with such organisations and to develop partnerships with them, as appropriate;
• To work with a range of volunteers, from the Trust and within other organisations, in the delivery of such activity, as appropriate;
• To ensure that relevant activities and initiatives are effectively marketed, working in liaison with the Trust’s Events and Marketing Assistant;
• To undertake relevant administration, including timesheets, budgets, bookings, material ordering and related tasks;
• To agree and implement the outcomes and benefits of the learning and activities programme, based on the Activity Plan and revised strategy, monitor progress and evaluate the relevant initiatives upon completion;
• To act as an advocate for Moat Brae.
See our website or contact us for a full job description & person specification. To apply please email your CV and a covering letter summarising your suitability for this post to Iain Wilson, Trust Administrator. Please phone if you have any questions or to discuss the post further.
Interviews will be on Thursday 11 May 2017 at the Trust’s offices in Dumfries.
Location: Dumfries and Galloway
The deadline is Thursday 04 May 2017 at 12:00.
Audience Development / Dance / Design / Digital Technology and Games / Education / Equalities / Film / Festivals / Music / Scots / Theatre / Traditional Arts / Visual Arts / Young People (aged 0 to 25) / Literature and Publishing