Development Officer (Scotland)
Help Musicians UK
Deadline: 28 April 2017 at 18:00
Help Musicians UK is the leading independent music charity supporting and empowering musicians throughout their careers and lives. We’re pleased to announce the development of an exciting new initiative in Scotland during 2017. We are looking for a dynamic and creative Development Officer to lead our focus on Scotland as part of a national programme to ensure we reach musicians across the whole of the UK.
If you’re passionate about fundraising, an organised self-starter who thrives on networking and would relish the challenge of establishing a new office in Scotland we’d love to hear from you.
The role will be based in Glasgow but travel across Scotland is required.
Role purpose and role dimension This role will oversee the delivery, administration and fundraising of Help Musicians Scotland. This will include:
• Support to the Scotland Director in setting up the new office in Glasgow
• Liaise with all teams in the HMUK head office to establish activity and deliverables in Scotland
• Act as a point of contact for Scotland fundraising activity and volunteer management and manage a variety of stakeholder relationships
• Promote HMScotland’s interests within the Scottish music scene across all genres
• Act as a conduit for all HMUKS Creative Programmes / Health & Welfare and Comms & Partnerships information for dissemination throughout Scotland
• Deliver and coordinate a programme of activity from profile raising and fundraising events to showcases and grant funding activity.
• Ensure communications, marketing and campaigning opportunities in Scotland link to the broader HMUK ambitions and timescales.
• Be the first point of contact for musicians and the industry more broadly in Scotland advocating on behalf of the charity and disseminating information and opportunities as appropriate.
Location: Glasgow City
The deadline is Friday 28 April 2017 at 18:00.